Magical Properties of Cardamom29 ژانویه 2016
Islamic Research Center of Washington has published the following facts about cardamom:
Cardamom is a plant which grows in tropical and hot regions. India is home to this plant and approximately 80 percent of the cardamom consumed in the world is supplied by this country.
The scientific name of this plant is Elettaria Cardamomun.
The aroma and the warmth generating and appetizing effect of cardamom, makes this seed one of the best flavors for every drink and sweet.
- Therapeutic Properties
– Cardamom is believed to be hot and dry by old Persian medicine.
– Chewing cardamom’s seeds after eating, while helping digest food, can deodorize the mouth (for instance, removing the strong smell of onion and garlic).
– Cardamom’s seeds have warmth generating properties and strengthen the stomach and intestine.
– Cardamom stimulates the appetite and improves the food digestion.
– Drinking the hot-brewed cardamom soothes colitis, indigestion, flatulence, nausea, lethargy, and prevents too much gastric secretion.
– One of the special and precious properties of cardamom is preventing mucous in the throat, therefore it can be added to dairy products and different puddings to compensate the effect of milk which makes mucous in the throat, and help digest food.
– Cardamom’s seeds have the property of that of expectorant, and clean the sinuses, bronchial tubes, nose, and chest off excessive mucous, and discharges.
– As mentioned before, cardamom has warmth generating effects and is energizing, and therefore it helps raise the spirit and regain the lost energy and power. It reduces anxiety and worries. It is effective in relieving depression.
– Cardamom also strengthens the kidneys and is useful for treating children’s enuresis.
– Cardamom strengthens the heart.
– Cardamom is anti-flatulent and helps release the intestinal gas from the stomach and intestine.
– Cardamom strengthens the body.
– Cardamom is diuretic.
– Cardamom comforts menstrual cramps.
– Cardamom heals mouth ulcers. For this, gargle the brewed cardamom.
– Cardamom is breath freshener.
– Cardamom reduces fever.
– Cardamom treats colds.
– Cardamom relieves rheumatic pain.
– Cardamom is anti-poisoning.
– Cardamom is useful for curing eye diseases.
– Cardamom is recommended to treat headaches and reducing epileptic seizure.
The mentioned properties of cardamom have also been written in “Spice Therapy” (a book compiled by Neda Kavoosi and published by Chaf and Melina publication) and in “Medicinal Plants” by Attar Esfahani.
At page 1121 of the book “The Secrets of Medicinal Plants, The Cure Prescription 1”, Ahmad Haji Sharifi (Attar Esfahani) has written what follows about the chemical compounds of cardamom:
Volatile oil essence, acetic acid, formic acid, insoluble acid, invariant terpineol oil, terpineol acetate, terpinene, calcium oxalate, cineol sabinene, limonene, borneol, protein, and ash.